Monday 8 December 2014

winter in bcn.

These are some of my favourite memories in a not so sunny Barcelona. When i moved to Barcelona I fell in love with being in the sun everyday, the beach and drinking outside, Although i believe this city was built for the sun, the winter offers something just as lovely. When most of the tourists have disappeared  a slightly quieter more interesting Barcelona comes out to play. I spent a lot more time in the actual city rather than Barceloneta a neighbourhood in Ciutat Vella area of Barcelona sat right on the beach full of cocktail bars & night clubs.


My favourite place to be in Autumn/Winter In Barcelona Is El Born its part of the old city & apart from being amazing to walk round through the pretty old little streets its also packed full of bars and restaurants some on my favourite are: Loft del born for the Biggest & strongest glasses of Sangria ever, Xocolateria for Churros and Crossiants, & Super Super for the best Gin and tonic ever.
Another of my favourite spots is Parc de la Citudella which is just on the outskirts of El born which is the prettiest little place ever! It has an amazing fountain full of bright turquoise water & is lovely to just have a wander round or rent a boat out on the lake :)
Oh and one last place you cant miss Placa Reial, My favourite square in the whole entire world! I could sit there all day It also is home to possibly the best cafe/Bar in the whole world Ocana! You can either sit in Ocana's outside terrace In the day eating crossiants and people watching in the square
or my favourite go to the underground morrocan themed cocktail bar with a vintage photo booth which was more than enough to win me over!
Ive just moved home for christmas and looking at these pictures already makes me miss everything about the city, I'll be back soon Barcelona!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign